A quick dinner for last night, I made sardine puffs using ready made puff pastry.
It's so easy to do it, just prepare the sardine filling...then enter into the puff pastry...fold, glaze with some egg yolk and cook it in oven for 15 minutes, done!
I'd share the sardine filling recipe here...
- 1 medium sized sardine/mackerel ~ discard the sauce
- 1 onion ~ thinly diced
- 1 green chilli ~ thinly diced
- spring onions ~ chopped
- 3/4 tbsp chilli powder ( may add more/less)
- lemon juice (optional)
- Heat little oil in wok, add onions and green chilli. Saute until fragrant.
- Add sardines pieces and mash while stirring.
- Add chilli powder and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some spring onions, mix well and turn off the flame.(may add some lemon juice if desired)
- Leave the filling to cool awhile.
- Fill in the puff pastries and fold as U like. Brush some egg yolk on the puff surface and cook in oven for 15 minutes.
Pics were taken in real rush coz We got so hungry already! hahaha…