I love puddings anytime...whether it's soft and creamy or the tender types. Can't really remember when I last made this Corn Custard Pudding. I craved for it, so made it right away as I had a can of Cream Style Sweet Corn available on my shelf.
CORN CUSTARD PUDDING
- 600ml coconut milk ~ I used 3 boxes (200ml each) coconut milk, M&S brand
- 400ml water
- 1 cup or less sugar
- 1 cup (150gm) Bird's Custard powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 can Cream Style Sweet Corn ~ about 425gm
- Mix all the above ingredients except for corn in a heavy bottomed sauce pan until the custard powder dissolved.
- Place the pan over low heat and add cream corn.
- Keep stirring over low heat until the mixture becomes thick and shiny.
- Do not leave the mixture unattended, or you'll see a burnt bottom.
- Once the mixture has turned thicker, turn off the heat.
- Pour the batter into cake tins or moulds.
- Cool at room temperature until it hardens. You may store in refrigerator later.
- You may also serve it warm right after it's cooked as soft pudding :)
Have them chilled...yumm!