Both my kids are chocoholics just like their Papa! When Rishie requested for a chocolate cake, I just thought of this recipe which is truly moisty, chocolatey and delicious. I find the sweetness was just right as we had the cake topped with choc ganache and Cadbury chocs. Luckily I had 2 little assistants who readily helped me to arrange the choc pieces. Ashika was really excited helping me out. She just likes to imitate whatever I do in the kitchen. Thus, I had to keep my knives and sharp tools way higher!
Btw, she fell asleep while waiting for me to finish with the photoshoot, but nothing went right when I shot these pics. I completely screwed up with the settings and lighting...haha!
Enough said, here's the recipe to the sinfully delicious Moist Chocolate Cake.
MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 100gm all purpose flour
- 50gm dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 180gm salted butter
- 180gm fine granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml evaporated milk ( I used Ideal )
- In a bowl, sift together all purpose flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla essence.
- Add evaporated milk and flour mixture gradually, continue beating using low speed until done and fully incorporated. Scrape the sides with a cake spatula.
- Pour batter in a 20cm lined cake tin, bake for 45 minutes at 170C. (oven temp may vary)
- The cake is done when a skewer or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Add chocolate ganache or top with strawberries.
- 100gm dark cocoa bars ( chopped )
- 200ml condensed milk
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- Using double-boiler method, melt dark cocoa together with condensed milk and butter.
- Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Cool before spreading on the cake.
Check out my earlier Moist Chocolate Cake using different recipe HERE!