Seeing you again after few weeks! Hope everything is well at your end...
Well, time for blogging is very limited lately...thanks to the laziness which overtook me! But then, no worries at all...my blog will still remain as it is for my loyal readers cum friends. Thank you for trusting my recipes and trying them without any hesitation... ;)
Today, I'm sharing the famous Spicy Chicken Rendang recipe... let's start now!
SPICY CHICKEN RENDANG
1 kg chicken ~ cleaned and cut into medium sized pieces
1/2 tbp turmeric powder
(B) To blend together
6 tbsp dried chilli paste
5 cloves garlic
1 large onion
1 inch ginger
10 bird's eye chillies
5 stalks lemongrass
2 candlenuts (buah keras)
1/2 inch fresh turmeric
2 inches galangal
sufficient water to form a paste
200ml coconut milk
2 pcs tamarind pulps
2 stalk lemongrass ~ slightly bruised
5 pcs kaffir lime leaves or 2 pcs turmeric leaves ~ thinly sliced
2 tbsp kerisik (toasted and pounded coconut)
salt to taste
- First of all, marinade chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend ingredients (B) until smooth.
- Heat oil in wok and fry the chicken pieces until 3/4 cooked. Set aside.
- Use same oil to saute the blended ingredients together with the bruised lemongrass.
- Stir the gravy and cook covered for 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burnt bottom.
- Once you see the oil separates from the gravy, add coconut milk, tamarind pulps and salt.
- Stir and allow to boil a few times. Add fried chicken pieces and kaffir lime leaves.
- Mix well and cover the lid for another 10 minutes. Stir.
- Add toasted coconut, mix evenly. Check for salt. Dish out.
Note:~ You can add more coconut milk or water to make the gravy a little runny. As for me, the gravy must be thick ;)
And to my readers who are really missing my kids...here's a pic for you! They are doing very good, touch wood! Actually I've been updating their pics on my personal FB too...hehe ;)
Thank you so much for your unconditional love, all!
From, RISHIE & ASHIKA...
See ya'll again!