This time it's my style Chicken Peratal ( Dry chicken curry ). If you add more water or coconut milk to this dish, it becomes Chicken curry :)
The chicken pieces are marinated with the spices prior to cooking. You may omit the potatoes addition. Come, let's check out the recipe!
CHICKEN PERATAL ( Dry Chicken Curry )
(A) Mix these ingredients together & marinade for 20 minutes
- 1 whole Chicken ~ cut into medium sizes
- 4 tbsp ginger - garlic paste
- 4 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp meat powder
- 1 tsp corriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp salt
(B) Other ingredients
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 pcs cardamoms
- 2 star anise
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 3 onions ~ sliced
- 3 tomatoes ~ diced
- 3 green chillies ~ sliced
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped corriander leaves
- 2 large potatoes ~ cubed ( optional )
- 1 cup water
- 6 tbsps ghee
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a large wok. Saute cinnamon stick, cardamoms, star anise, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes ( optional ), stir and add the marinated chicken with spices and water. Mix gently and cook with for 10-15 minutes with lid covered. Stir gradually and allow to boil.
- Cook for another 10 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Add cubed tomatoes. Mix well and let to simmer.
- Sprinkle chopped corriander leaves over and mix thoroughly. Check for salt.
- Dish out and serve hot.
This dish goes well with chapati, paratha, plain rice or briyani rice too. Enjoy!!! :)