Before I continue, a heartiest welcome to new and old followers, readers and visitors...thank you very much for coming over and leaving all your precious views and also for those wonderful mails!!!
So sad my Guestbook is no longer active coz Slide.com has been shut down and there goes my GB!!! Whoever signed it...I lost all of 'em!!! Grrrr...
Alright, let me share yet another chicken dish from my kitchen. It's just like my any chicken sambal...but here...it's added with honey and coconut milk.
SPICY HONEY CHICKEN SAMBAL
- 1 whole chicken - cut into medium pieces
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- *8 shallots
- *6 cloves garlic
- *1 inch ginger
- *1 large onion
- *2 stalks of lemongrass
- *1 inch turmeric
- 6 tbsps dried chilli paste
- 1 cup water (depends on how thick you prefer the sambal to be)
- 50 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 dried tamarind slice
- 2 tbsps pure honey
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- 2 kaffir lime leaves ~ shredded
- Firstly, rub turmeric powder and some salt over the chicken pieces. Allow to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken in oil until cooked. Set aside.
- Using an electric blender, smooth all ingredients marked *.
- Stir fry the blended ingredients and dried chilli paste in oil until the oil parts. Stir for almost 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add coconut milk, water and tamarind slice, stir and let gravy to boil.
- Add salt, brown sugar and honey. Mix in the chicken pieces and kaffir lime leaves. Stir evenly.
- Allow the gravy to simmer for another 5 minutes and dish out :)
WISH YA'LL A SPLENDID WEEKEND!