You may be seeing some vegan style dishes on my site lately. That's because I'm being one for 1 month and successfully finished 2 weeks now. I'd still prefer my dishes to be a little spicy...:)
Never liked soy made chicken, but this particular brand at Tesco changed my perception. It is Greenfarm's Crispy G. So good to munch on it right after deep fried. Suggest this dish for vegans. Actually anyone can have it. Try with soy made lamb chunks too.
You may check my Vegetarian Lamb Curry ~> HERE!!!
SOY MADE CHICKEN RENDANG
- 1 pack soy made chicken chunks ~ deep fried in oil
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric *
- 1/2 inch ginger *
- 3 shallots *
- 3 cloves garlic *
- 1 medium sized onion *
- 2 stalks lemongrass *
- 3 - 4 tbsp dried chilli paste
- 1 pc tamarind pulp
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 kaffir lime leaves ~ shredded OR turmeric leaves
- 2 tbsp coconut paste (kerisik)
- 1 cup water or less for thick gravy
- Blend together ingredients marked * until it forms a paste.
- Saute the blended ingredients and dried chilli paste in oil for 10 - 15 minutes or until oil parts. The rendang tastes better when it's stirred longer.
- Add coconut milk, water, tamarind pulp and salt. Allow gravy to boil a few times.
- Add coconut paste and stir.
- Lastly, add the fried soy made chicken chunks and shredded kaffir lime leaves. Mix evenly and dish out. Serve hot :)
Don't feel guilty, you're not gonna have heavy curry all the time, don't you?
I'm going for second serving, what about you? ^___^