She's a Vegan but spicy lover. So this dish suited her well...
VEGETARIAN LAMB CURRY
- 1 pack soy made lamb pieces
- 1 large potato ~ cut 6
- 1 pc cinnamon stick
- 2 pcs cardamom
- 6 pcs shallots ~ chopped
- 2 green chilli ~ sliced
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1 large tomato ~ cut 6
- 2 tbsp Spicy Lemongrass Paste
- 1 tbsp meat curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk ~ may sub with yogurt or evaporated milk
- cooking oil
- Heat oil and deep fry lamb pieces and potato. Keep aside.
- Reduce oil, saute cinnamon stick and cardamoms until fragrant.
- Add shallots, green chillis and curry leaves, stir for a while.
- Add the Spicy Lemongrass Paste, mix.
- Add water and meat curry powder. Stir and boil.
- Add coconut milk, potato, tomato and salt. Bring the gravy to boil for few times.
- Finally, add in the fried lamb pieces. Mix evenly and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Dish out and ready to serve with steamed rice.