♥...Custard Tea Cake...♥
Seen this recipe at Nigella.com posted by Jocelyn
Thanks to Ida at 1001 resepi for promoting... ^____^
CUSTARD TEA CAKE
- 125 g butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup custard powder
- 1/4 cup milk ( my addition, batter was dry)
- 1 tbsp custard powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp butter ( I used abt 10gm)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Make the custard first. Blend custard powder, sugar and milk in a saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until the mixture boils and thickens, then stir in the butter and vanilla. Allow to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until well combined. Sift the flour and custard powder and stir into the creamed mixture.(Add milk if you need)
- Spread half of the cake batter into a greased and lined cake tin. Then spread the custard mixture.
- Spread the remaining cake batter over the top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, depending on your oven. Allow the cake to cool in the pan. Once the cake is cold dust it with icing sugar.
Thanks for stopping by, have a good day!