A cake which don't require chocolate toppings or ganache. Too good as it is...don't ya believe me?
Recipe owned by a good friend of mine, Kak DayangJack from Dapurku Sayang. Thanks dear for sharing a wonderful recipe with us yet again.
Here's the recipe, translated to English for easy reference by all...
SUPER MOIST EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
by Kak DayangJack
6" / 7" pan
* 1 cup flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* 1/2 cup cocoa powder
* 2 tbsps milk powder
* 1 1/4 cup cold water (from the fridge)
* 1 cup brown sugar ~ I used caster sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla essence
* 1/2 tsp coffee/ choc emulco ~ I used choc emulco
* pinch of salt
* 1/2 cup vegetable cooking oil or corn oil
* 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice ~ I used vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a cake tin.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
3. Add milk powder, salt and sugar. Stir until well mixed.
4. Add cold water, cooking oil, vanilla essence and coffee / chocolate emulco. Stir gently
using a whisk. Make sure the mixture is not lumpy.
5. Finally add vinegar or lemon juice. Stir immediately the mixture until well combined.
6. Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.
7. Cool the cake. Add your favourite toppings.
It's so easy na, no mixer needed! A bowl and a whisk will do...
Unable to snap more pics to show you how moisty the cake is on the inside, as my kids were waiting so impatiently to taste the cake. Can you see 2 extra plates there? :) Actually Mommy couldn't wait to gobble it too...
p/s: This is a scheduled post.