FRIED SPANISH MACKEREL / IKAN TENGGIRI GORENG
- 5 blocks Spanish Mackerel
- 1 tsp minced garlic *
- 1 tbsp chilli powder *
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder *
- 1/2 tsp gramdhall powder (optional) *
- 1-1/2 tsp rice powder *
- little water *
- salt *
- 1 tbsp lime juice *
- 2 large onion ~ cut into rings
- 3 dried chillis ~ sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients marked * until it forms a paste. Add more water if it's too thick.
- Place the fish blocks in the bowl and mix together with the paste. Leave it aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in wok and deep fry the marinated fish blocks. ( I prefer deep frying. You may also fry using little oil )
- Turn over the fish blocks once awhile. Once cooked, rest on paper towel before arranging on a serving plate.
- Leave about 2 tbsps oil in wok. Stir fry the onion, dried chilli and curry leaves until fragrant for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Spread on the fried fish. Serve!
Goes along with plain rice and fish curry...