An evening, on a beautiful chilly weather...a treat at our very own gazebo, Potato Puffs.
Both Rishie and Ashika were so excited that Amma finally made them some evening snacks :)
They waited impatiently as I get over with the photo shoot, and we enjoyed the evening together having these potato puffs served with kiwi and mango yoghurt drinks :)
By the way, the potato filling was prepared by my Mom (a vegan). Instead of having it with rice, I used them as filling for my puffs. It's time to make use of my Kawan Puff Pastry sheets before they end their life! LOL!
POTATO MASALA by my Mom :)
- 3 large potatoes ~ boiled and skinned, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 pcs star anise
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp shallot paste
- 1 large onion ~ sliced
- 1 green chilli ~ sliced
- few curry leaves
- 1 tomato ~ cubed
- 2 tbsp meat curry powder
- salt to taste
- little water
- Heat oil in a wok and saute cinnamon stick, star anise, garlic & shallots paste until fragrant.
- Add onion, green chilli, curry leaves and tomato. Stir together.
- Add some water, curry powder and salt. Mix and allow gravy to boil.
- Add potatoes and stir altogether. Keep stirring until the gravy thickens. Dish out!
To prepared the puff :~
- Place the filling in between a pastry sheet and wrap. Press the ends with a fork.
- You may wrap the sheets as per your creativity.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry turn golden brown. Enjoy!!!