Now, would you like a quick snack for tea time or while glued to novels or your favourite shows on TV? Then, try this simple Sticky Cheesy Corn Flakes.
The addition of mozarella cheese happened after my son requested. I was about to place the tray in the oven and he quickly suggested to add some cheese. Not sure what made him to think of that! "Why Not!" was my reply to him. Thus the name has been changed...
For the recipe, I referred and made few adjustments to my previous Honey Corn Flakes.
STICKY CHEESY CORN FLAKES
- 125 gm butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsps chilli sauce
- 1 cup mixed nuts ( I used store bought, ready to eat nuts cocktail)
- 6 cups original corn flakes ( I used Kellogg's)
- shredded mozarella cheese
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt butter together with sugar, and honey.
- Add chilli sauce and mixed nuts. Stir and turn off the heat.
- Mix in the corn flakes, stirring evenly.
- Spread the mixture on a nonstick baking tray. Sprinkle mozarella on the corn flakes mixture. Stir a little.
- Bake in oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
* You may also fill the corn flakes in individual paper cups and add mozarella before baking.
HAPPY MUNCHING !!!