The weekend was pretty bored, rainy days too. Errr...
Only thing we did the whole weekend, was munching Honey Cornflakes cookies. I made about 120 pcs, vanished by Sunday noon! Rishie enjoyed it alot...infact he asked me to do it again today. ..."Wait baby, lemme get more cornflakes in stock first", that was my answer to him...
Recipe courtesy by Kak Yatie, currently residing in Louisiana, US. Thank U so much for sharing kak! We loved it. Actually, I didn't have some of the items...just used whatever I had in hand...
I'll translate the recipe here for easy reference...
HONEY CORNFLAKES by Kak Yatie
- 125 gm butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar ~ would try with white sugar next time
- 7 tbsp honey
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup raisins ~ I didn't add
- 1 cup chopped roast almond/cashewnut ~ I didn't add
- Small paper cups
- Chopped green/red cherries ~ I added sugar beads
- Heat ingredients A until the butter melts completely.
- Add B into A and mix together until even.
- Spoon the cornflakes mixture into paper cups.
- Garnish with cherries.
- Bake in oven at 170'C for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool the cookies and keep in an airtight container.
* ( I made only half of the recipe)