Gosh, it has been quite some since I last updated my blog na...huhuhu! Well, first of all I'm still using the super-duper Maxis broadband which only works fine early in the morning ( I'm not waking up early as I did b4, hehe).
Secondly, my Hubby was around...so we were out most of the time! He just enjoyed with his new toy...the Audi Q5. Now, Hubby is back to Brazil again to join the vessel. Awwwww!!! So, U can see me often here!
Errr...first thing irked me this morning, after logging in to my blog...the POST EDITOR looks different! Where gone all my smileys/emoticons??? I checked the settings...still showing the old editor, but everything looks new! Owh Google, U made me upset! I need sometime to sit and re-check things here...arrghhh next time la!
Anyways, to all my sweet friends out there...Thank You so much for ur continuous visit and support! I'll be visiting U all shortly! To my silent-readers, new visitors and followers...Thanks again!!! A warm welcome to all of U! ;)
Okey, enough with that...let's move on with my dish...
I made lots of dishes last 3 weeks...but unable to shoot much due to lack of time. Only few..that too a rush photo session. Hehe!!!
This Mutton Poriyal (Mutton Fry) is originally my Mum's recipe. But I've added lots of other spices to suit our taste. Mum said I'm just over-doing with the spices! Ahahaha!! She said she only adds little amount of spices, but I'm not. Kikiki...
Alright, check out the recipe.
MUTTON PORIYAL by love2cook
(A) To marinate (blend ingredients marked *)
- 1kg boneless mutton ~ cut into small cubes
- 7 shallots *
- 4 garlic cloves *
- 2 inches ginger *
- 4 lemongrass stalks *
- 1 inch galangal pc *
- 2-3 tbsp chilli powder ( add/less)
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- salt to taste
(B) To fry
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 large onions ~ finely sliced
- 5 dried chillies ~ sliced
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- some salt
- Mix ingredients (A) and marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the marinated mutton in a large wok, let it cook covered under low flame for another 1 hour or so..until the mutton becomes dry and cooked. Stir occasionally.(No oil needed).
- Once the mutton is free from water and becomes dry, add some oil and stir together.
- In another pan, heat up some oil and fry ingredients (B) until the onion becomes light brown.
- Add ingredients (B) into the mutton together with the oil. Keep stirring the mutton for another 15-20 minutes until well-cooked. U can stir longer if U want the mutton to be more drier. I did it for almost 30 minutes! ;)
Wish U all a Happy July 2010!!! :D