It's okey, I came to the cyberworld as love2cook, so better remain my identity then... (actually now turning lazy2cook)..
This is another experiment on the chicken...(so pity the chickens, always get experimented from me, if only they can speak!) ...
I had some briyani spice lying on rack for few months already (nope, it has not expired as yet ). Never felt like making briyani rice, so used it on a chicken instead.
Just a very simple recipe to share...ingredients may look plenty...hihihi!
BRIYANI CHICKEN by love2cook
- 1/2 chicken ~ cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 2 tbsp shallots paste
- 2 tbsp dried chilli paste
- 1 pc cinnamon stick
- 1 pc star anise
- 3 pcs cardamom pods
- a pinch of fennel seeds
- 2 lemongrass stalks ~ crushed
- 1 large onion ~ sliced
- 1 large tomato ~ diced
- 2 pcs dried bay leaves ( may use the fresh ones too)
- 2 tbsp briyani spice powder *
- 1 tbsp curry powder *
- 1/2 tbsp corriander powder *
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder *
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder * (* make a paste with lil water)
- 100 ml evaporated milk ( may sub with coconut milk)
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- Heat oil. Fry cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom pods, fennel seeds and onion and lemongrass until fragrant. Add shallots and ginger-garlic paste. Stir awhile and add chilli paste. Keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and chicken pieces. Stir and cover with lid until chicken is cooked.
- Now, add the mixed powder paste, bay leaves and salt. Mix well with the chicken. Cover again for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add evaporated milk, give it a boil and turn off the flame. Dish out...