Made Fried Kway Teow for dinner last night. Hubby and I are true fans of Penang Char Kway Teow (PCKT). He'll drive up to Penang just to have some PCKT at Macalister Road. We used to put up a night at Sunway Hotel, Georgetown where U can see food stalls down the aisle every night. It's a Food Heaven...I would say! Macam macam ada...
I believe the most special ingredient in PCKT would be the chilli paste. I didn't add anything to my paste, it's just plain dried chilli paste. Hehehe...
Okey, let's have a look at my simple Fried Kway Teow here...
FRIED KWAY TEOW by love2cook
- 450gm flat rice noodle
- 4 garlic cloves ~ chopped
- 15 pcs prawn ~ shelled
- 3 tbsp bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp chives ~ cut about 1.5 inches length
- 2 tbsp dried chilli paste
- 2 eggs
- little water
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp thick soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- Heat oil in wok, saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add prawn and fry.
- Add chilli paste, stir awhile and put in the flat rice noodle. Stir quickly whilst adding all the ketchups.
- Make a well in between and break in the eggs (add little oil if needed). Scramble the egg and mix all ingredients evenly.
- Sprinkle some water, add bean sprouts and chives. Stir together and dish out.
* U may also add cockles.
* May have the Fried Kway Teow with some preserved green chillies in vinegar (cili jeruk)..YUMM!!!