Hi friends...had enough with Honey Cornflakes??? I'm sure gonna do it again this weekend. Rishie has placed his order! hehehe...
Let's move on with another egg dish. Like fried rice, this Omelette Sambal also acts as a rescuer when I'm running out of idea on what to cook...simple recipe.
Have it with plain rice or bread...
I've made a similar dish b4 using boiled eggs...see HERE (in Malay).
- 5 eggs ~ beaten
- 5 shallots
- 3-4 tbsp cleaned anchovies ~ soaked in water for 5 mins
- 1 large onion ~ sliced
- 4 dried chillies ~ cut 2
- 1.5 tbsp chilli powder ~ may add more
- salt to taste
- sufficient amout of water ~ I used 1 cup
- Fry the eggs like omelette. Cut into few pieces. Set aside.
- Pound together shallots and anchovies using mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil in wok, saute shallots and anchovies till they turn lighter brown.
- Add sliced onion and dried chillies. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour in enough water, add chilli powder and salt. Leave it to boil for few times.
- Lastly, add the omelette pieces. Mix evenly until the omelette is well coated with the sambal.
- Dish out.