Made Saj Bread accompanied by Anchovies Sambal yesterday. Saj Bread recipe adapted from KakUmmi's blog. Originally posted by Kak Rusnah. Thanks dearies!! Many has tried this bread and thus, tempted me to give it a try too...
U may also see HERE for reference.
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar (kak rus substituted with condensed milk+lil water)
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 3.5 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- little oil (I used margerine)
1. In a big bowl, mix yeast, sugar, warm water and salt. Add plain flour and make a dough.
2. Keep the dough aside for 1 hour, covered with plastic. (dough will double up)
3. Now, take the dough and make few balls (about 8-10 pcs). Rub with oil/flour. (I rubbed with margerine).
4. Flatten each balls and cook on a non-stick pan like chapati until both side lightly browns.
Can be served with chicken/mutton curry! Yumm...
I had it with Anchovies Sambal. Check recipe ~> Anchovies Sambal