I had some going-to-expire bananas in stock. While thinking on what to do with those banana, this Pengat Pisang (Bananas in Creamy Coconut Sago) struck into my mind! Used to have it during my school days, where my Malay friends would bring it from their homes and share it with us all. We used to sit and eat together, sharing all our food…but I'll be enjoying the Pengat Pisang more.
Since I've lost touch with all my friends now, I asked my Mom to do it for me! Muahahaha!
She straight away told me that it's so simple to make it, providing the recipe. What else, the making starts! I never knew it is this simple! Check-it-out!
- 3 bananas ~ cut slantwise
- 200 ml thick coconut milk
- 300 ml water (may add more, I prefer it to be really thick)
- 1/2 cup pearl sago ~ washed
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp palm sugar (I used the syrup)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 pandan/screwpine leaf ~ knotted
- Bring coconut milk, water and pandan leaf to boil.
- Add sago, sugar, palm sugar and salt. Keep stirring until sago turns transparent.
- Add banana pieces, mix together and dish out.
- Serve warm. I like it chilled too...
Coming Up ...some Awards I received from fellow bloggers again...
From PRIYA,...celebrating her 250th post! Congratulationssss!!!
From JAY...Thanks for passing the awards to me ya!!! Cho Chweet!
Okey, I’m passing these awards to ALL my cyberfriends! Choose whichever U like…hehehe!