Actual idea was to do Nasi Lemak (Coconut Rice), but I'm running out of screwpine leaves! hehe.
So, plain rice will do la erk!
But I still boiled 2 eggs and sliced some cucumbers as side dish...Oooh Yummy!!! ;)
I'm sure everyone knows how to cook Sambal Ikan Bilis right??? My recipe is nothing special but I added a stalk of lemongrass...
Anyways, I'll still share the recipe...just incase any newbies around, k! ;)) Here U r!
- 1 cup of cleaned anchovies
- 10 pcs dried chillis * (soak in hot water first, drained)
- 5 shallots *
- 3 cloves of garlic *
- 1 cm shrimp paste (belacan) *
- 1 large onion ~ sliced into rings
- 1 stalk of lemongrass ~ slightly crushed (optional)
- 2 tbsp of tamarind juice (adjust to ur taste)
- sufficient amount of water ~ (add more if u prefer the sambal abit watery)
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Cooking oil
- Blend smooth the ingredients marked *.
- Heat oil in a wok. Fry the anchovies till crispy. Leave it aside.
- Now stir-fry the blended ingredients together with lemongrass till fragrant. Make sure the oil floats...
- Add some water and stir awhile. Add onion rings, tamarind juice, salt n sugar. Stir and give it a boil.
- Finally, add the fried anchovies. Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Ur Sambal is ready to be served with Nasi Lemak/ plain rice/ bread! :))