Well, it's Monday...and my son, Rishie has started his kindergarten holidays from today till 3rd Jan2010!
Yesterday, we attended his school concert at Crystal Crown Hotel. It was a great evening for him as he performed a dance for Chinese song together with his classmates.
Huhuhu...can U all imagine Rishie clad in Chinese Samfu??? Well, I will post the pics maybe later or tomorrow only...
Anyways, since he'll be at home for another 2weeks+ holidays...easy la for Love! He can get some rest too! hihi..
Okey, for today's lunch...Love made Colourful Pilau Rice!
It is definately a very simple rice to do...and of course it tastes really good if u have the correct companion!
Alright, let's have a look on what U need, to prepare this simple Colourful Pilau Rice...
- 2 cups of Basmathi rice ~ washed and soaked in water for abt 3o minutes
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 3 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups of water
- a few drops of yellow, green and red food colouring
- Wash the basmathi rice and drain well. Leave it aside.
- Melt butter in a wok and add the cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaves and salt. Stir-fry awhile and add the washed basmathi rice. Mix together in a lower heat.
- Transfer the rice together with all ingredients into a rice cooker and add 3 cups of water. Mix well.
- Turn on the power and cook rice like normal.
- Once the rice is cooked, turn off the power.
- Make 3 holes in the rice using a chopstick... add 1 colouring into each hole. Cover the lid and let the rice to cool abt 30 minutes or more. (Do NOT mix the rice straightaway!)
- After 30 minutes or so...gently mix the rice using a fork. Ready to serve!