But then...I named it Chicken in SpicyCurry based on the main ingredients in the curry...
Check it out!!!
- 1 whole chicken ~ cleaned and cut into smaller pieces ( mix with some salt and turmeric powder)
- 5 shallots ~ blend
- 3 garlic cloves ~ blend
- 1 inch ginger ~ blend
- 2 large onion ~ cut into rings
- 2 tbsp meat curry powder
- 3 tbsp dried chilli paste ( u may add/less according to ur preferences)
- 2 large potatoes ~ cut into cubes
- 3 pcs tamarind slices
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp of 5 spice powder
- cooking oil
- Heat oil in a wok. Deep fry the chicken till half-cooked. Set it aside.
- Reduce oil in wok and stir-fry the blended ingredients till fragrant.
- Add chilli paste and curry powder, stir well until the oil floats.
- Then, add 2 cups of water and leave it to boil for few times.
- Add in the fried chicken together with the cubed potatoes, tamarind slices and salt. Mix together, cover wok with the lid and leave it to boil for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are well cooked.
- Open the lid, add onion rings and 5 spice powder. Stir well again and let it simmer for another 5 minutes (the gravy will thicken by now).
- Turn off the flame...and the Chicken in SpicyCurry is ready to serve!