I'd always prefer curries which are thicker rather than the lighter/watery ones...so there goes with all my curries I've posted here b4...U may still add more water/milk to make it lighter...but don't forget to adjust the seasonings as well!
Like I've said earlier, there's another version of Chicken Curry using yogurt already been posted in my blog before. Check it out HERE... it's typed in Malay!
Therefore, I named this newer recipe as Yogurt Chicken Curry II...
It basically has yogurt as main...but the method of cooking is slightly different and I skipped potatoes...
Enough of suspense...let's see the recipe...hehehe!
YOGURT CHICKEN CURRY II
- 1 whole chicken ( cleaned and cut into medium-sized pieces)
- 4 shallots *
- 4 garlic cloves *
- 2 cm ginger * ( * pounded together)
- 1 large onion ~ sliced
- 2 green chillies ~ sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes ~ sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 200ml yogurt
- 250ml water
- 2 tbsp of corriander leaves
- lemon juice (optional)
Cooking Methods :~
- Heat some oil in wok. Saute cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and cumin seeds until fragrant. Add pounded ingredients, followed by sliced onions, green chillies and tomatoes. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Lower the heat and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, mix well with the spices and cover with lid for 5-7 minutes until chicken cooks and absorb the spices.
- Add water and give it a boil, then add yogurt. Cover with lid and cook again for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, add some corriander leaves and mix. Squeeze some lemon juice if U like. Dish out.
Sure some of U already knew it by now...hehe, it's none other than Ghee Rice, Chicken curry, Fried chickens and Raita! These are the MUST have dishes on the day he arrives!
So, I'll catch up with U all whenever I'm free...till then, take care and have a great weekend ahead!!!