Sorry for no updates for past 2 days from myself. As I said before, I cooked ghee rice and some side dishes to go along with it last Saturday (the day Hubby arrived). I've posted my Ghee Rice pics before but not the recipe. Would like to share the way I do it with all of U...actually I'm pretty sure most of U already knew how to do it...but those who prefer some variation, may try out my style too (it's actually my Mum's style)...
Okey, since I have not much time to blabber today...let's get to the recipe...
- 4 cups Basmathi rice (washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes, then drain excessive water)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp margerine
- 2 tbsp garlic-ginger paste
- 1 tbsp shallots paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- 1 stalk lemongrass (crushed)
- 2 screwpine leaves (pandan leaf)
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp corriander leaves
- colourings ~ red, green, yellow (optional)
- Transfer washed Basmathi rice into rice cooker, add water, evaporated milk and salt. Leave it aside.
- Heat ghee and margerine in a pan. Saute cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and star anise till fragrant. Add garlic-ginger-shallots paste and lemongrass.
- Add screwpines, mint and corriander leaves. Mix well and pour the gravy into the rice cooker and mix together. Cook rice like normal.
- Once rice cooked, turn off the switch. Using a chopstick, make few holes in the rice. Add few dashes of colouring into each hole. Close the lid. (do not mix the rice immediately!).
- Leave the rice to set for another 30 minutes or so. Then gently stir them using a chopstick.
- Ready to serve.
To all my friends/visitors/new comers/followers who always drop by my cyberhome, thanks alot!!! I will surely visit U back in return! I'll come back again to reply all comments and messages. Sorry for the inconvenience! Take care all!