Hahaha, another Chicken recipe!!! Awwww, I hope none of U get bored looking at my chickens!
A simple yet delicious recipe...CHICKEN 65...South Indian's famous deep-fried chicken! There are lots of stories for how the name came about. But I'm not really picky on that...the taste does matter!
For those interested with the name history, pls check
The ingredients may vary from others, but I just loved it this way!
Okey, let's see the recipe!
CHICKEN 65 by love2cook
- 3 pcs boneless chicken breasts ~ cleaned, skinned, cut into medium size (may also use any other part of the chicken)
- 2 tbsp garlic-ginger paste
- 150ml plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp orange/red food colouring
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 pc lime ~ juice extracted
- 2 onions ~ cut into rings (garnishing)
- cooking oil
- In a bowl, mix chicken with garlic-ginger paste, yogurt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, vinegar, color and curry leaves. Leave to marinate for about 1 hour (the longer the better).
- Heat oil in wok, deep-fry the chicken together with the curry leaves till cooked. Dish out.
- Squeeze some lime juice over the chicken and serve together with onion rings.
- This dish goes well with any rice/bread/naan.
Okey, b4 I forget...lemme paste a giftcard from my new cyberfriend Jagruti (Joy of Cooking). She's celebrating her 50th post! Congratz ya...enjoyed all ur posts...keep them coming!