Well, I'm down with sore throat now! Errrrr...uhuk uhuk uhuk!
I've cut down on cold drinks, but not on spicy food...that's not easy for me!
Bought some egg tofus today, not knowing what to do with it and I ended up with this recipe...haha! I liked this dish alot and had it just like that...no rice!
Egg Tofu in Spicy Sauce by love2cook
- 2 tubes of egg tofu (150gm each tube) ~ cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 shallots ~ chopped
- 2 garlic cloves ~ chopped
- 1 green chilli ~ sliced
- 1 red chilli ~ sliced
- 1 tbsp dried chilli paste
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp plum sauce
- salt to taste
- little water
- chopped spring onions ~ to garnish
- cooking oil
- Fry the tofu till golden brown. Place them on a plate.
- Reduce oil. Saute garlic, shallots and chillies till fragrant. Add dried chilli paste and stir awhile.
- Add all sauce, salt and little water, give it a boil. Turn off flame.
- Pour cooked sauce over the fried tofu and sprinkle some spring onions on. Done!