I'm used to make Banana Balls/Fritters (Cekodok Pisang) quite often due to overwhelming request from my dear Hubby and Rishie. To clear off banana stock, this solution always come to my rescue!
Sometimes, I'll add freshly grated coconut (toasted without oil) into the batter, to give it better taste and aroma. And, I did the same this time.
Okey, let's see what U need to make this ez-bz Banana Coconut Balls...
- 8-10 ripe bananas
- 80gm sugar ~ less if the banana is really sweet
- 1 tsp flat bicarbonate soda
- 4 tbsp toasted coconut
- 1 cup plain flour / tepung gandum
- pinch of salt
- oil to fry
- In a bowl, mash the bananas. Add sugar, baking powder, salt and toasted coconut. Mix well.
- Now, add plain flour and mix. The batter should not be too watery/too much flour. Adjust accordingly.
- Allow the batter to marinade for 20 minutes
- Heat oil in wok...not too hot. Take a spoonful of batter and drop it gently into oil. Immediately keep turning it with a wooden spoon, roll it into a ball. Repeat until finish. ( U may also do it with the tip of ur fingers, take some batter, then make it a soft ball...drop it gently into oil.) I prefer the former way!
- Fry the balls until golden brown. Done!