Welcome back readers and friends!
Let me take to the guest post series right away.
Today, I'm honoured to feature a very sweet blogger in my Guest Post series. She is none other than Ms ARTHY from Sumanarthy's Kitchen.
Firstly, I have to thank Arthy for accepting my invitation. Secondly, for her patience in waiting for the post to get published. Yes, she understood my situation very well and agreed to wait, infact she gave me moral support during my absence. Thank you dear sis!
Arthy, is more like a sister rather than a fellow blogger to me. We often communicate via Whatsapp and have been mutually commenting on our blogs. I love her space and all her dishes. Totally in awe with her creations...she is a wonderful, kind-hearted and most important, a terrific cook! I believe she inherited her culinary skills from her mother. She can make you go weak knees with her simple presentation, which I liked the most! Just WOW!
Wait no more, say hello to Arthy and check out her Chicken Sambal Fried Rice! She knows well how crazy I am towards chicken dishes! Being Malaysians, we can't miss sambals! Love sambal anytime ;)
Now over to Arthy....
"Wow, I'm so excited because this is my first ever guest post and I'm glad that I'm doing it for sis Love. The moment she messaged me regarding the guest post I agreed immediately without even thinking whether I would be able to prepare a special dish for her. Sis Love is someone very dear and special to me, you know why? I got to know the blogging world after visiting her blog in 2010, before that I seriously didn't something called blog existed and hers was the first Indian blog I ever got to know. Thank you so much sis, you must be surprised to know this info because I think I have never told you this.
I always admire her photography skills from the day I got to know her not forgetting her wonderful recipes that she posts, all the clicks makes you crave for some. I was planning for so many days on what to cook for the guest post since she's someone special to, then I thought since both of us are chicken lovers, cooking a chicken dish would be apt for it. I have decided that I should make a one pot meal, so I made Chicken Sambal Fried Rice to celebrate our friendship/sisterhood. So sis, here is the fried rice for you and your readers. Thank you for giving me a chance to write for you sis, enjoy! "
CHICKEN SAMBAL FRIED RICE
- 3 cups of cooked rice (cooled)
- 250 g boneless chicken (cut into cubes)
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 5 tbsp dry chilli paste
- 1 tbsp of chilli sauce
- 1 potato (cut into small wedges)
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp of vinegar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Marinate chicken with salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder, deep fry chicken in oil until its golden brown and keep aside, deep fry potatoes until golden brown and set aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry sliced onions until translucent and add chilli paste, fry the paste until oil separates and pour enough water, let it boil until the water evaporates and gravy thickens.
- Add fried chicken and let the chicken mingle with the sauce, then add in chilli sauce, salt, vinegar and sugar according to your preference.
- Now to the chicken sambal add fried potato, tomato and green peas, let the gravy be almost dry and let it cool down for at least 15 minutes.
- In another pan, heat oil and scramble the beaten egg and add rice, spoon the chicken and potato sambal prepared earlier, mix all this together and our Chicken Sambal Fried Rice is ready to be served.
Do try and let me know how it turned out for you!
Dearest sis Arthy,
Thank you so much ma for this yummilicious post! I tell you, my tummy grumbles each time I see these images. Feel so happy to know that you found me in 2010! Hahaha, that's quite a surprise. Thank you for your kind words about me and my blog too ma. I still remember the first ever comment you made on my space which took me to your blog. I guess it was under another title before, right? I hope we'll meet one day. After all, we're not that far off...hehe!
Thanks again for your time, kindness and patience. All the best to you. Okay, see you on Whatsapp from now... ;) ;) ;)
See also ;
Guest #1 ~ Amelia ( Pineapple Tarts )
Guest #3 ~ Rafeeda ( Baked Chicken, Kerala Style )
Guest #4 ~ Jay ( Kashmiri Pulao )
Guest #5 ~ Marsita ( Rendang Pedas Ayam Kampung )
Guest #6 ~ Kavitha ( White Chocolate Blondies )
Guest #7 ~ Priya ( Fish Fingers )
Guest #8 ~ Swasthi (Andhra Chicken Curry)