Butter Cake...new recipe :)
Butter Cake is one of my most favourites! What about you?
Let's see the easy peasy recipe, worked for me well! Hope the same for you ;)
- 250gm butter ~ soften
- 220gm caster sugar
- 4 nos grade A eggs
- 80gm heavy/thickened cream or buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 230gm self raising flour
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, each at a time.
- Add vanilla and cream/buttermilk.
- Add self raising flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour in a greased and lined cake pan. Bake at 160C for 40-45 minutes or until done.
- You may add 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated lemon rinds to make it a Lemon Butter Cake.
- Cover the cake pan with aluminium foil after 25 minutes of bake if you don't wish to see a dark top.
Good luck and Happy Baking ;)
Are you wondering what does the Spiderman puzzle got to do with my Butter Cake? Lol, I actually interrupted Rishie who was busy solving the puzzles and did the photoshoot on his table. And he's all excited that his puzzle is on my blog now! LOL :)