Basic Butter Cake Love2cook Malaysia 🍰
Butter Cake is one of my most favourites! What about you?
Let's see the easy peasy recipe, worked for me well! Hope the same for you ;)
Basic Buttercake Love2cook Malaysia 🍰
250gm butter (my fave is always slightly salted Lurpak brand)
220gm caster sugar ~ reduce to your preference
4 nos grade A eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
230gm self raising flour + 1tsp baking powder (mix)
1. Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Takes about 10 minutes or so. Scrape the sides.
2. Beat in eggs, each at a time. Add vanilla essence.
3. Gradually add flour and buttermilk until well incorporated. Do not overbeat after the last flour is added.
4. Pour in a greased and lined 8" pan. Bake at 160C for 45mins - 1 hour or until done.
(Oven temp may vary, pre-heat prior to baking)
5. Remove cake from the pan and cool on a wired rack. Ready to be served warm or frost with your favourite icing or cream. 👏🏻
👉🏻You may add 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated lemon rinds to make a Lemon Butter Cake.