Here's my Cashew Mutton Masala recipe! The ingredients might look too long for you, but the end result counts! I love to dip some crispy paratha in this masala ;) Enjoy!!!
CASHEW MUTTON MASALA
(A) Mix together and cook in pressure cooker until meat is tender. You can also boil in a pot over the stove. Set aside.
- 1 kg boneless mutton ~ cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
(B) Grind together
- 8 nos cashew nuts (soaked in water for few minutes)
- 7 cloves garlic
- 2 inches ginger
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- 1/2 inch galangal
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 3 pcs cardamom
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 pcs green chillies
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 2 large onions ~ sliced
- 2 large potatoes ~ cubed (optional)
- 1 large tomato
- 2-3 tbsp full chilli powder (depends on your spiciness level)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- sufficient water (add the broth from boiled mutton)
- Ghee / cooking oil
- Heat ghee/oil in a wok. Saute cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, cardamoms and fennel seeds.
- Add onion, chillies and curry leaves. Stir for 1 minute. Add grind ingredients and continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled mutton pieces and mix together. Add potatoes and sufficient water (broth).
- Add in chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix and close the lid. Allow gravy to boil for few times or until potatoes are cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Lastly, add tomatoes and mix together. Check for salt. Mix the gravy and dish out.