Who loves fried chicken? Me yes! Any day, any time!...lol :)
Made these crispy fried chicken last weekend, best if served hot! I dipped them in mayo and enjoyed while the photo shoot...haha!
TOM YUM CRISPY CHICKEN
- 800gm boneless chicken ( prererably thigh or breast part ~ cut into small chunks )
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 5 stalks lemongrass (grind)
- 2 tbsp dried chilli paste
- 3-tbsps tom yum paste ( I used Knorr )
- 5 pcs kaffir lime leaves ~ shredded
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 5 tbsp any chicken fry flour, like Kentucky ( I used Aroma, Spicy flour )
- oil for deep frying
- Mix chicken pieces with all ingredients, except for chicken fry flour. Marinade for 1 hour or longer.
- Just before you are about to fry, add the chicken fry flour to the marinated chicken and mix well, evenly. Add more flour if needed.
- Now, heat up oil in wok, make sure oil is hot enough.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in batches. Do not overload the wok with too many chicken pieces at one go! Drain chicken pieces on a paper towel.