Worait, here's another dish for today...our lunch, teabreak and dinner...Tofu Sambal...
This is a Vegetarian style sambal ya! Very simple yet delicious...for me, ok la!
Tofu Sambal ...vegetarian style...
Recipe courtesy: My MUM...(she's a Vegetarian but food must be really hot & spicy for her)...
- 2 pcs Tofu ~ Cut each into 4 or 6 cubes
- 4 shallots *
- 4 garlic cloves *
- 1 cm ginger *
- 1 large tomato *
- 1 large onion ~ cut into rings
- 2 tbsp chilli powder (adjust to ur taste)
- cooking oil
- Blend smooth the ingredients marked *.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the tofu...sprinkle some salt on. Drain excessive oil, set aside.
- Now, add the blended ingredients...stir till fragrant.
- Add some water, chilli powder and salt. Stir well and let it boil for few times.
- Now, add the onion rings and fried tofu. Let it simmer awhile (make sure the tofu really soaked in the gravy).
- Check the salt...add if needed.
- Ready to serve!