Here's the recipe~
Stir-fry Chicken Masala by love2cook
- 1 whole chicken ~ cut into medium size
- 3 tbsp blended paste of garlic, shallot and ginger
- 3 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp corriander powder
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin and fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 pcs cardamom
- 3 pcs cloves
- 2 pcs star anise
- 2 onions ~ sliced
- 7 dried chillis ~ sliced into 2 inches length
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 large tomato ~ sliced
- 1.5 tsp grounded black pepper
- 2 tbsp kerisik/coconut paste (dry-fried and grinded grated coconut)
- few corriander leaves
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- Marinate ingredients (A) for about 15-20 mins.
- Heat oil in wok. Saute cumin and fennel seeds, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and star anises till fragrant.
- Add in the sliced onions, dried chillis and curry leaves. Stir till light brown. Add tomatoes.
- Now, add the marinated chicken, stir together and cover for about 15 mins till chicken cooks. (Make sure the flame is low).
- Once chicken is cooked, add grounded blackpepper and salt. Stir again and leave it for another 5-10 mins.
- Now add the kerisik/coconut paste, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Sprinkle some corriander leaves on b4 serving. That's it!