Homemade Dadih / Soft Milk Pudding...
I was suppose to publish a hot and spicy fish recipe, but noticed this dessert already waiting in the queue. So why not chill ourselves with this delicious dessert first! Fish next... ;)
One of my favourite Malay style dessert, Dadih is a soft pudding made of fresh milk, water, sugar, salt and agar-agar powder.
You can also add fruit flavourings. Although there are few instant Dadih available in the store, I would still prefer to make this one at home. Simple ingredients, yet...delish!!! I have made them countless times...that much I'm addicted to this dessert.
Recipe was shared by, none other than my dearest friend in Bloggywood. A well-wisher who've been with me for more than 3 years now...the very generous KAK NOR who blogs her yummy dishes at Secubit Garam ( A Pinch of Salt ).
Check the Instant Dadih I made before, topped with cocktail fruits and bananas HERE!
HOMEMADE DADIHby Kak Nor, Secubit Garam at MyResipi
- 10gm agar-agar powder
- 1 litre fresh milk
- 1 litre chocolate milk (UHT) / strawberry milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1200ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour ~ mixed with 2 tbsps water
- 1 tsp chocolate emulco
- In a pot, boil water with agar-agar powder until dissolved. Add sugar and salt, stir.
- Pour half of the mixture into another pot. Place both pots on separate heat (medium).
- Add fresh milk to the first pot and chocolate milk and emulco in another pot. Keep stirring both the mixtures until signs of boiling. Make sure no lumps.
- Turn off the heat and allow both mixtures to warm.
- First, sieve the white mixture into small cups, glasses or containers. Allow to set, until the top part hardens a little (may refrigerate awhile to fasten this process).
- Then, gently sieve the chocolate mixture on the white one. Allow to cool in refrigerator.
You may skip the chocolate flavoured milk and just add 2 litres of fresh milk. Follow the steps above and continue cooking over medium heat until it starts to boil. Divide the mixture into 2 bowls. Add 1 tbsp of flavourings like chocolate, strawberry or fruits into one bowl.