Hello everyone, hope everything is good at your end.
School break gives me more opportunity to try new recipes, shoot and blog them. I tried few new dishes this break and was certainly happy with the results. And this pudding was one of the trials. Believe me or not, I made this second time as my first attempt didn't really satisfy me. This time, it turned out good with right consistency.
I love puddings, especially if it's eggless! Sometimes I can't stand egg smell in a pudding. Just plain milk puddings are my most favourite!
Today, it's a pudding made of soy milk and grass jelly (cincau). You can ask Mr WIKI for more details about grass jelly ;)
I often make Grass Jelly drink at home...it refreshes my tummy after a heavy meal, lol! Grass Jelly can be found in any super/hypermarkets. They come in plain, sweetened or flavoured packs.
Try having your chilled soy milk by adding some chopped grass jelly in it! Ahhhhhhh...slurpy!
Okay, hope that is enough...let's see the recipe!
SOY MILK & GRASS JELLY PUDDING (Puding Soya Cincau)
- 1 litre unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 10gm agar-agar powder
- 400gm or more sweetened grass jelly (cincau) ~ cubed or chopped
- Using medium heat, boil soy milk with sugar and agar-agar powder until dissolved.
- Keep stirring with a whisk to avoid burnt bottom.
- Remove from heat.
- Put some grass jelly in prepared moulds.
- Now, gently sieve the soy milk mixture into the moulds. The grass jelly will remain at the bottom.
- Refrigerate for maximum 3 hours. I left them overnight.
- Turn over the pudding onto a serving place, with the grass jelly facing upwards.
You can use individual moulds or a cake tin to make this pudding. Slice to serve :)