I used to have this dish during my younger days. It's my Aunt's recipe and I'm sharing here with you! The dish may sound weird to you but I just love it! Am not a person who can have bread with butter and jam spread. It should be either toasted with butter and sugar / cheese / egg for me.
I still remember those days when my Aunt makes this simple bread & egg stir fry. A good way of finishing leftover bread! Somehow the idea struck my mind when I was planning our dinner last night.
Check it out ;)
BREAD & EGG STIR FRY
- 5 slice plain bread ~ slice each into 4 or smaller
- 2 large eggs ~ beaten with little salt
- 1 large onion ~ sliced
- 1 pc green chilli ~ chopped
- 1/2 cup water mixed with 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp margerine
- Sprinkle the water mixed with salt over bread slices. Do not soak, just wet all the pieces.
- Heat margerine in wok, stir fry sliced onion and green chilli. Add in the beaten eggs.
- Scramble them together until cooked. Add the bread slices. Mix together.
- Serve with hot chilli sauce :)
By the way, my Hubby will be arriving home tomorrow!!! We gonna spend the remaining school holidays to the max...so don't you look for me if I go missing in action :)
Well, school re-opens on 2nd January 2013...so we got less than 2 weeks to enjoy! ;)
Till then, take care!!!