Our treat over the weekend, brownies and guava juice. My kids enjoyed the evening..why not, it has their favourite Nutella in it. They remained silent and gave their verdict only after the last spoon. Owh, I was truly fascinated but didn't plan to interrupt by clicking their joyful acts. Was admiring them as they indulged into their brownie world...lol!
Me : Rishie, so how is the brownie, do you like it?
Rishie : Very tasty Ma! I like..(pointing his thumbs up).
Me : Ashika, what about you, you liked the brownie?
Ashika : Ashika want somemore!!!
And, like I said before...I prefer brownies more than cakes. For a twist, I bake them in individual ramekins...bored of having squared brownies. These would have been perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...yumm!
NUTELLA CASHEW BROWNIES
- 100 gm dark chocolate ~ chopped
- 100 gm salted butter
- 1/2 cup fine granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs ~ slightly beaten with a fork
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 50gm all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80gm roasted cashew nuts ( or any nuts you prefer ) ~ chopped
- Mix all purpose flour and baking powder together.
- Place dark chocolate, butter and sugar in a bowl. Using double boiler method, melt these 3 ingredients.
- Leave aside to cool.
- Add eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk even. Stir in vanilla and Nutella.
- Fold in the flour. Finally add in the roasted cashew nuts. Mix the batter.
- Pour batter in a greased and lined rectangular cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until done.
By the way, the goodies for my GA winners are ready! Sending them off today.
Dear Amelia and Qasey Honey...hope you'll like them :)