To suit my kids' taste buds, I fried the chicken drumsticks before making the sauce. ( Original recipe: Cook chicken in the sauce, covered with lid, leaving the mixture to boil and thickens).
Posted my Mutiarazura in Myresipi.com, this recipe has become a real hit among bloggers and non-bloggers. Finally it hits my kitchen too...
Check out the recipe, with some modification.
STICKY CARAMEL CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
(Fried Version)adapted from Mutiarazura's Sticky Caramel Chicken Wings
- 4 pcs chicken drumsticks
- 1 egg ~ beaten
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp coarse blackpepper
(B) for the sauce :~
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 / 4 cup (60ml) honey
- cooking oil
- Marinate chicken drumsticks with all ingredients in (A) for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry chicken drumsticks in oil until cooked. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in wok, stir fry ginger and garlic. Add all sauces and honey.
- Stir over low heat and let the mixture boil.
- Add in fried chicken pieces and mix thoroughly until the chicken coats well with the sauce. Leave for few minutes and turn off heat. Serve hot!
* I sprinkled some toasted sesame over the chicken before serving.