Synonym to the title, this chicken dish is truly a fragrant and aromatic one. Thanks a ton to Kak Nor of Secubitgaram for this wonderful recipe...you made my day kak! Was scratching my head on what to cook today as it's been raining since morning. I felt like having something really spicy too...like curry mee! Slurrpppppppp...unfortunately not!
Having every ingredient as required in the recipe, I finalized on this chicken for today's menu. As for the kaffir lime leaf, I used only one piece, coz my tummy usually don't feel good if I have any food with the leaf...not sure why though.
I added bird's eye chillis to make the gravy more spicier.
Kak Nor, this recipe is sure a keeper for me! I loved it...so do my kids! We had it with plain rice and raita. Really it's so delicious..2 thumbs up!!!
Okey, let's check out the yummy recipe.
AYAM SERI HARUM / FRAGRANT CHICKEN
by KakNor, Secubitgaram
- 3 / 4 chicken ~ cut free form
- 1 / 2 tsp salt
- 1 / 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons ~ dried chilli paste
- 1 large onion *
- 3 red onion *
- 3 cloves garlic *
- 1 inch ginger *
- 1 inch fresh turmeric * (blend together ingredients marked * )
- 2 stalks lemon grass ~ slightly crushed
- 1 / 2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 pcs dried tamarind slices ( I added 1 pc only )
- 3 pcs kaffir lime leaves ~ shredded ( I added 1 pc only )
- 7 nos bird's eye chillis ~ slightly crushed ( my addition )
- 1 / 2 cube chicken stock
- salt and sugar to taste
- cooking oil
- Mix the chicken with salt and turmeric powder. Fry until half-cooked, remove and set aside. Saute chilli paste, add lemongrass and bird's eye chilli, stir awhile.
- Add in the blended ingredients and stir until aromatic and oil parts.
Add coconut milk, water and tamarind slices.
- Bring the gravy to few boils. Add chicken, lime leaves, salt, sugar and chicken stock cube.
Cook until gravy thickens or as you preferred. ( I didn't make it dry ).
- Dish out and ready to be served with rice!