PRAWN & QUAIL EGG SAMBAL by love2cook
- 1 kg large prawns ~ clean and shelled
- 15 pcs quail eggs ~ boiled and shelled
- 3 shallots **
- 4 cloves garlic **
- 1 medium sized onion **
- 2 inches ginger **
- 2 stalks lemongrass **
- 1 cm shrimp paste (belacan) **
- 2 tbsp cleaned anchovies ~ soaked in water for 5 minutes **
- 10 - 15 pcs dried chilli ~ soaked in hot boiling water for 5 minutes **
- 5 pcs bird's eye chilli (optional) **
- 1/2 tsp tamarind paste
- water ~ about 1 cup
- cooking oil
- Blend all ingredients marked ** until it forms a paste. Add little water if needed.
- Add 1 tsp salt to prawn, mix and keep aside for 10 minutes. Fry prawns in oil until half cooked and drain on paper towel.
- Stir fry blended paste until fragrant and oil parts. Stir gradually.
- Add water and allow the gravy to boil. Add tamarind paste and salt. Boil again.
- Mix in the fried prawns and quail eggs. Mix together and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Check for seasoning. Dish out and serve.
Our Nasi Lemak set...Coconut Rice, Prawn & Quail Egg Sambal, Cucumbers and Fried Anchovies...:)
Shots taken in real hurry coz The Cook's tummy started making noises...hahahaha! As usual only the gravy for me. Would like to join us?
Thank you for being here and have a great weekend!