Haaah Sue, ni dia my version of your cake! Memang sedap weiiiiii!!! Sedap sampai jilat garfu...thanks for sharing ya! Allow me to spread the recipe to others here...thanks again my friend!
Hasue shared some tips and pictorial steps on the making of this cake HERE!
LIGHT CHEESE CAKE by Hasue
Ingredients :~ 8" pan ( I used a loaf pan )
• 125gm cream cheese (add up to 150gm if you prefer more cheesy )
• 300ml fresh milk
• 80gm butter or margerine ( I used butter )
• 80gm plain flour
• 80gm refined sugar
• 3nos A sized eggs ~ separate egg yolks and egg white
• few drops of vanilla essence / lemon juice ( I added lemon juice )
- Heat up fresh milk in a saucepan and add cream cheese. Stir constantly using a hand whisk until cream cheese melted. Add the butter / margarine, stir until melted, turn off heat and set aside.
- Beat egg whites with sugar until a stiff peak is formed.
- In the larger bowl, beat egg yolks until fluffy. Add cheese mixture and stir.
- Sift in flour gradually and beat again using low speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl if needed and stir slowly using a hand whisk.
- Finally fold in the beaten egg white until well combined.
- Pour mixture into greased and lined cake pan. Place the cake pan in another pan containing hot water.
- Bake at 160C for 45 minutes (or until done) using steam bath method.
You may sprinkle some almond nibs/flakes or grated cheddar cheese over the cake mixture before placing it in the oven.
You may substiture fresh milk with chocolate or strawberry flavoured milk.
The result ??? A truly soft and light cheese cake is done! Ooooo yummyyyyyy.... ^___^
I managed to save few slices for a photo session. That too vanished soon after..
Join my Giveaway HERE!!!!