♥...Friday Food Review ~ Apam Pisang Coklat (Steamed Banana Choc Appam/Muffin)...♥
It's time for Friday Food Review with love2cook again...
Alright for this week's review, I'll take U a ride to Osaka, Japan! It's none other than to JintanManis.com by our dear friend Ros...
A mom of three, Ros always has impressed us with her baking skills. She bakes her own breads and buns. Her cakes and Malaysian dishes will make U salivate for sure! She also randomly shares some Japanese cuisines too! Great na...
So today, I'm gonna post on her recent Apam Pisang Coklat (Steamed Banana Choc Appam/Muffin). A savoury steamed type muffin I would say. The combination of mashed banana and cocoa will make U go ga-ga and ask for more and more...seriously! I've made them twice already...hehe!
Well, the original recipe has got egg in it...but I substituted with plain yogurt during my first attempt. It was so moisty...really yummy!
Then, I followed the recipe by adding egg in my second attempt. Still good! Ooooh la la!
Check-out the recipe..
APAM PISANG COKLAT ( STEAMED BANANA CHOC APPAM/MUFFIN) by Ros, JintanManis.com
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg ~ ( I substituted with 3 oz plain yogurt)
- 50ml cooking oil ( I used vegetable oil)
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder ( I used Hershey's)
1. Mash the bananas with a pinch of salt, keep aside.
2. In another bowl, sift flour with baking powder.
3. Meanwhile, whisk egg with sugar. Add mashed banana, flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate soda and cooking oil. Keep stirring while adding these ingredients.
4. Heat up the steamer. Line muffin trays/moulds with paper cups. Fill 3/4 of batter into each paper cups and steam about 12-15 minutes. ( To make your appams/muffin to smile or open up at the surface, keep the flame high while steaming)
Simple isn't it??? Do try it...U'll simply love it...the kids too!
P/S :~ I've temporarily removed my Shoutbox due to overload spam messages. For my visitors and friends, kindly post ur comments under my post. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.