Well, my Hubby is back in town and we are having a great time together! Loved to see the kids with their Papa. I can get some rest too...ahaha! Hubby suppose to be resting, but it's other way around here!
Here's a simple recipe from my kitchen...
(Sambal Udang Telur Puyuh)
- 1 kg medium sized prawns~ skinned and deveined, mix with some salt
- 10-15 pcs quail eggs ~ boiled and shelled
- 15-20 pcs dried chilli ** ~ soaked in hot water awhile
- 8 pcs shallots **
- 5 garlic cloves **
- 1 large onion **
- 3 tbsps cleaned anchovies ** ~ rinsed
- 1 inch shrimp paste (belacan) **
- 2 lemongrass stalks **
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric **
- 1 inch ginger **
- sufficient water
- 3 tbsp tamarind extract
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- Blend all ingredients marked ** with little water.
- Heat oil in wok, fry the prawns half-cooked. Dish out.
- Now, stir fry the blended paste until oil parts. Do longer for better taste under low flame. I did for about 30 minutes.
- Add water, tamarind extract and salt. Let the gravy to boil for few seconds.
- Put in boiled quail eggs and prawn, stir together and leave it to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
I'm trying to keep up with Muhibbah Malaysian Monday (MMM) by Shaz and Tummy. So, sending this flavorful dish to the event.
Wrapped Nasi Lemak