Rich Chocolate Pudding, Eggless...
I'm sure the word "Eggless" is everyone's favourite now! Mine too, I'd try to omit egg in desserts and cakes if have to.
Today, I'm gonna share with you one of the first desserts I made in early days of my cooking era. At that time, I was totally a newbie not knowing many of the ingredients in a recipe. Never knew agar-agar powder existed! I've only seen the string types of agar-agar, lol!
A very popular dessert shared by Kak Jun at MyResipi and I'm sharing it here! Thank you Kak :)
RICH CHOCOLATE PUDDING, EGGLESS
by Kak JUN, MyResipi
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 packet agar-agar powder (10-11gm)
- In a pot, mix all ingredients together except butter.
- Using a whisk, stir constantly over low-medium heat until the mixture boils a few times.
- Add butter and keep stirring until the mixture thickens and shiny. ( I was stirring for almost 20 minutes )
- Do not leave the mixture unattended to avoid burnt bottom.
- Turn off the heat and fill moulds or cake tins with the chocolate mixture.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
Note :~ If you prefer a soft pudding in mugs or ramekins, then skip agar-agar powder and add only 4 cups of water. The rest of ingredients and method remain the same.
Please ignore the mess I made while releasing these puddings from the moulds. Was in real rush!
So chocolatey! You gotto try to believe it! ;)