A chicken dish for all chickenlovers like me! ^_^
CASHEW CHICKEN MASALA
- 1/2 chicken ~ cut medium size
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 pc cinnamon stick
- 3 pc cardamom
- 2 pc star anise
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 10 nos cashew nuts ~ soaked in water for 5 minutes
- 1 large onion ~ thinly sliced
- 2 green chillies ~ sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- handful coriander leaves plus extra for garnishing
- 1 tomato ~ cut into small cubes
- salt to taste
- 1 large potato ~ optional
- sufficient amout of water (depends on how thick you want the gravy to be)
Make a paste with little water;
- 2-3 tbsp chilli powder (add more if you prefer spicy)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp fennel powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp coarse blackpepper
- Blend smooth garlic, ginger and cashew nuts.
- Heat ghee in wok and saute cinnamon stick, cardamom and star anise.
- Add sliced onion, green chillies and curry leaves. Stir for 1 minute and add the blended ingredients.
- Stir for another 3 minutes and add chicken pieces. Mix well and cover with lid for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in mixed paste to the chicken and stir. Cook with lid covered for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and sufficient amount of water. Allow to boil a few times.
- Add cubed tomatoes and coriander leaves. Mix and boil again.
- Allow the gravy to thicken a little and garnish with more coriander leaves before serving.
Goes well with plain/briyani rice or chapati/paratha
Enjoy the dish and wish you all a rocking weekend!!!