Moist Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Chocolate Ganache...
I'll never had enough of moist chocolate cake, no matter how many recipes I've tried before! The word Moist can easily pull me to the kitchen, get ready my tools and start preparing the ingredients...lol. This is simply because of my kids, chocolate cakes are their top favourite! ;)
I'm totally wowed at this tummy tickling Moist Chocolate Cake, a recipe by Chef Zubaidah and was shared by Kak AlongRoz. It was originally Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake. Yes, you can steam this cake. Or bake it like most of my blogging friends did. It's still moisty! Trust me...2 thumbs up for this recipe and it's sure another keeper for me.
The best part is, you don't need much time to prepare the ingredients and I did not even use my electric mixer to make the batter. A hand whisk will do. I chose to bake the cake in the oven ;)
Let's not keep you waiting any longer...taking you to the recipe now. Before that, let me thank Chef Zubaidah for creating such a moisty cake and to Kak AlongRoz, a wonderful friend of mine for sharing the recipe with all of us. This cake has been viral among Malaysian food bloggers and I do not wish to miss the train too! :-D
The cake was too good as it is, but I still made the Sour Cream Chocolate Ganache as requested by my son. So, just imagine the result! And kindly ignore my horrible ganache spread! LOL :)))
MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE ( STEAM OR BAKE )by Chef Zubaidah
Source : AlongRoz, MyResipi
- 100gm dark cocoa powder *
- 250gm castor sugar *
- 1 can (400gm) evaporated milk *
- 200gm vegetable oil *
- 250gm sweetened condensed milk *
- 4 nos eggs ~ beat with a fork until fluffy
- 1 tsp vanilla essence ~ my addition
- 150gm plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50gm chocolate chips ~ my addition
- Place all ingredients marked * in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat until dissolved. Keep stirring with a hand whisk and do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in beaten eggs and vanilla essence into the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in dry ingredients. Mix well and add chocolate chips, stir.
- Pour in a greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes OR steam for 1 hour.
- Transfer the cake onto a wired rack and allow to cool.
Sour Cream Chocolate Ganache
my style :)
my style :)
- 200gm semi sweet chocolate
- 250gm sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Using double-boiler method, melt the chocolate. Set aside.
- Add sour cream and vanilla essence. Mix well and let to cool.
Who's joining us??? ;)