CHEESY BUTTER CAKE
- 250gm cream cheese ~ room temp
- 150gm butter ~ room temp
- 250gm plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 220-250gm caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp lemon zest ~ optional
- 4 grade A eggs
- Whisk plain flour and baking powder together.
- In a mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and caster sugar until creamy. Add eggs one by one, beat until well incorporated.
- Add lemon juice and zest (if you do), mix well.
- Fold in flour and mix until well combined and pour into a greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake at 160°C for 45-50 minutes (oven settings may vary).
- Once baked, allow to cool on wire rack.
* Do try topping the cake with assorted berries, fruit jams, preserve or conserve like we did! ^___^
As usual, we couldn't wait for the cake to cool completely. Hahaha...