CARROT CUPCAKES with CREAM CHEESE ICING
source : Philadelphia
- 200gm self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 225gm grated carrots
- 200ml oil (sunflower or groundnut oil)
- 100gm brown sugar (I used 100gm caster sugar + 100gm brown sugar)
- 85gm chopped pecans ( skipped)
- 50gm sultanas
- 4 eggs ~ lightly beaten
- 200gm cream cheese
- 100gm icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- 2 tbsp pecans, roughly chopped (to sprinkle) ~ skipped
- Sift together flour and cinnamon powder into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Mixture will be quite runny.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cupcake moulds. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack once done.
- For Icing :~ Beat all ingredients except for pecans until smooth. Top the cuppies with icing and sprinkle pecans over.
Delicious cuppies...especially when you have it chilled. Enjoy!