Arrgh, been quite some time since my last post na. Sorry, I was a little busy with life and also my flu. Now okey! Hehe...
Today I shall be sharing Poori (Fried Indian Flatbread) by my Mom. I love poori but never tried making them on my own. Liked the ones my Mom does only. So I requested her to make some for me during her visit last weekend.
My work is just to prepare all the stuffs she needed, photo shoot and enjoy those pooris! Very helping na...
Mom said there are few more ingredients can be used to make pooris. This is the simplest way she does. Told her to come over again to do the other recipes...hehe!
Come on, check out the Poori..super duper crispy version!!!
- 500gm wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp margerine
- hot boiled water to make dough
- oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix flour with salt, sugar and margerine until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well and slowly add the boiled water. Use a wooden spoon to mix and form a dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave the dough to set for 30 minutes.
- Make smaller balls from the dough by hand.
- Spread some flour on the rolling board. Roll each ball into circles with 4mm thickness.
- Heat oil in wok. Deep fry the flattened dough. Press gently with a slotted spoon to puff up the poori. Fry till golden brown and turn over. Once cooked, drain on paper towels. Continue with the other rolled balls.
Sending this entry to Shaz's Muhibbah Malaysian Monday!